DR ALTHEA Squalane Ampoule Treatment Mask Pack (5 treatments)
As each of the five masks in this treatment pack will remind you #glowing skin is always in!
These masks had me at “squalane ampoule". My skin loves this stuff (and I’m about to start trialling it as a lip treatment). Squalane is a highly stable facial oil (stabilised squalene). Like all my favourite skincare ingredients, squalane is suitable for all skin types and has multiple benefits in that it is naturally antibacterial, highly moisturising (but still suitable for oily skin types), soothing and anti-aging. Oh and its demonstrated to be non-irritating.
This 5 treatment pack is a bit special, and comes with 5 small glass vials (and reusable applicator) of squalane ampoule, to be applied before using the included velvet sheet masks (quite possibly the nicest sheet mask material I’ve used) drenched in all kinds of good stuff - squalane, green tea extract, ceramides, olive fruit oil, hyaluronic acid and brightening ginger and licorice extracts. Please take care breaking open the glass vials (check out my tips in the instructions below!)
PS. I carefully save half of the ampoule to use the following day, for a double treatment!
- Start with a properly cleansed and toned face.
- Take one of the small glass squalane ampoules and break off the glass tip (I use the included plastic applicator to hold it while I snap it off), please be very careful - I do it over the sink - as it will leave a glass edge.
- Take the included reusable applicator tip and place it over the top of the glass vial, turn upside down and tap the glass vial to get the ampoule serum to flow into the nozzle. Then squeeze the applicator tip to release the serum onto your palm and gently apply to your face and neck.
- Next, remove a velvet sheet mask from the pack, remove the film and apply lining up the eye- and mouth-holes.
- Wait 10-20 minutes then remove mask, patting in the excess essence until it is absorbed (though note that I am able to leave this mask on for quite a bit longer before it starts to dry out).
Ampoule: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Portulaca oleracea Extract, Centella asiatica Extract, Camellia sinensis Leaf Extract, Schizandra chinensis Fruit Extract, Coptis japonica Root Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Squalane (0.01%), Guaiazulene, Disodium EDTA, Arginine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Carbomer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance
Velvet Sheet Mask: Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polysorbate 60, Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trehalose, Carbomer, Arginine, Allantoin, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Squalane (500ppm), Camellia sinensis Leaf Extract, Coptis japonica Root Extract, Schizandra chinensis Fruit Extract, Zingiber officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Calendula officinalis Flower Water, Acorus calamus Root Extract, Fragrance, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Perilla ocymoides Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Cholesterol, Ceramide 3